All 18 art Reviews

Belly Dancer Belly Dancer

nice

nice job, recommending for scout!

My girl =] My girl =]

good

Good job with this one man, really looked pretty good. Though I really like how well detailed you made it look, very interesting to look at whihc such nice details, good job with that.

If I had one problem with it however it would be the quality of the piece, it looked a bit sloppy and rushed almost, next time try cleaning it up by making a rough sketch first then moving onto a final piece.

Other than that good job here man, 4/5 from me, keep up the good work! :)

Pyscadellic Birds Pyscadellic Birds

Excellent use of colors

Outstanding work with this one man, really loved the colors, to me they made the piece look very psychedelic and even mesmerizing, especially the vibrant red and blue, that really made the picture look vibrant and interesting, good job with that.

I also liked how you drew the birds as silhouettes, i felt that is only added to the uniqueness of the piece and made it look much more vibrant.

If there was one thing that I didnt care for so much about this piece it would be the border, to me it just felt very out of place, almost like it didnt belong here, next time try not adding a border and it would have been perfect.

Other than that excellent job with this one, 5/5 from me, keep up the good work! :)

Quarter Face Collab Quarter Face Collab

Good but bland

Good job with this one man, it was really, interesting. Though I really liked the detail on the face, the details made the face look very realistic and well done, especially that spider wed, which looked very good in the eye cavity.

If there was one thing that I didnt like about this picture, it would be the background, to me it looked to bland and boring almost, a more detailed background would have made the picture much more interesting, next time try adding a more detailed background and the piece would be perfect.

Other than that great job here man, 5/5 from me, try to use my tips for next time! :)

Cliff Top Perch Cliff Top Perch

very well done

Excellent job with this piece man, really looked very well done. Though I really liked your use of darker colors, it's so dark because you used charcoal, which was really neat because I havent seen many people in the Art Portal use charcoal as a drawing device.

Another thing that I loved about this picture was how detailed it was, down to the scales on the dragon and stars in the background sky, really spent a lot of effort on this one, good job.

Excellent job here man, 5/5 from me, keep up the great work! :D

EchoRun responds:

Thank you!

Hopefully I will be doing more with charcoal soon, on a larger sheet next time. I really enjoyed the effects, uber subtle though some of them were.

Why So Serious? Why So Serious?

great, but...

Good job here man, really looked cool, though the only thing I didnt like about it was a bit sketchy, though since it was your fist time using a tablet I guess I could let it slide.

The colors used in this piece were very vibrant and crisp, but yet dark and scheming, I really loved the olive green and dark purple colors, really looked great.

Excellent job here man, 5/5 from me, keep up the good work! :)

Viridis responds:

Thanks for the review man. :D
Much love <3

Blue Eyed Dragon Blue Eyed Dragon

Excellent Excellent Excellent

Excellent job with this one man, really loved it. My favorite thing about this pic was the colors, I really liked the dark mustard yellow you used for the dragon's skin color (or scale color rather), the bright ocean blue used for the eyes, and the vibrant green color in the background make the pic look even better, great job with that.

I also like your use of personification in this piece, giving a dragon human like characteristics, the dragon almost seems to be standing and smiling, which looked very good, nice job.

Excellent job here man, 5/5 from me, keep up the great work! :D

EchoRun responds:

Thanks. :)

I like colour in my art, usually strong ones, too! This one is very colour heavy, much more so then is normal for me. Ok, so it is about as rich as normal, I just have gone with a wider range this time. Risky, potentially very risky, too much colour can ruin a piece. The trick I think is to pick a dominant colour and make all the others subservient to that one.

may I take yours? may I take yours?

weird...again

Good job here man, really looked cool. Though I can;t really understand the meaning behind this piece, even though you said in your Author's Comments "an old man is lost in the desert all alone and asks himself a question of etiquette", I still dont understand why he's saying that, but maybe you were going for an unknown aspect, and after all, questionable art is usually the best.

I also liked your use of warm colors such as red, orange, and yellow to portray a sky in a hot setting, really looked very nice.

Excellent job here man, keep up the good work! :)

Silent-G responds:

I'm glad someone understands, by not understanding. thanks for the review.

help me out help me out

weird

Good job with this one man, looked really weird. The characters in this piece were the weirdest looking, especially the one in the center, i dont know if theyre an interpretation of humans or monsters or what, but they looked cool, good job. And the cloud of purple on top of them looked really cool as well, very fuzzy and made the piece look very intriguing. Good job here man, keep up the good work.

Review Request Club

thank you.

feel what I feel feel what I feel

cool to look at

At first I looked at the picture and it looked pretty crazy, weird looking characters, psychedelic background, it looked good. But after a few minutes or so of staring at it I noticed that the colors really didnt seem to mix, you had purple mixed with white, some blue, yellow, green, and a bit of red (the last four of course the colors of the rectangles) and that made everything look a bit out of place. Though the purple rectangles at the bottom right looked pretty good. Liked this one man, 5/5 from me, keep up the good work! :)

Review Request Club

Silent-G responds:

I'm glad you liked it. thanks for the review.